Shandell & Jordan:
Winter Destination Banff
Articles on these Topics: Real Weddings
Articles about these Services: Destination Weddings: Locations, Consultants & Event Planners, Reception: Wedding Venues & Halls, Photographers, Gowns & Fashion: Designers
The happy couple, Shandell & Jordan
and their fairytale location: Banff, AB
With the Summer almost over, we have selected another Rockie Mountain destination special for you today. Defnitely one of the most iconic options if your wedding is in the next 6-8 months. Our location? Where else but Banff, once again, at the majestic and historic Fairmont at Banff Springs. Story & photos by Kim Payant (in Banff!)
- click the photos for details
How Shandell remembers her day:
We rose early Saturday, full of nervous excitement and anticipation. We woke to a white, winter wonderland as about 15 cm of fresh snow had fallen during the night. For a couple who loves the mountains and loves snow, it couldn't have been a more perfect start. The morning passed by in a blur as we both spent time getting ready for the big day.
Then, the moment we both were waiting for finally came; time for the bride to walk down the aisle and meet her groom. The ceremony was a highlight for both, as we celebrated each other, our families and our faith.
Their ceremony in the incomparable Mt Stephen Hall
at Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
After the ceremony was time for photos, most of which were outside. The snow made for incredible photos and even though I could could barely feel my arms by the end of the outdoor photos, they were entirely worth it. After photos with family, it was time to make the grand entrance into the reception. The food was incredible from start to finish. After the food, various family and friends filled the reception room with their kind, thoughtful words. The speeches were a real highlight of the day. The reception included plenty of time for guests to mingle, eat cupcakes and listen to some of the bride and groom's favorite music. It was everything we had hoped for!
Wedding theme & colours: Navy blue and silver were our main colours. The choices were made based on the time of year; the couple figured the dark, romantic hues would best be suited to a wintery wedding. They were right!
- Walking down the aisle, because it was a moment the bride and groom had been anticipating for a very long time.
- The outdoor wedding photos, because it was picture-perfect outside with fresh fallen snow and amazing scenery.
- The wedding toasts and speeches, because all of the family and friends that spoke put such incredible effort into their speeches and their kind words will be cherished forever
Their Top-3 Best Moments
Our favourite first-seen idea from their wedding: the winter-themed snowboard guest book, signed by everyone!
An Online Romance
The bride and groom initially met on eHarmony... Both were a bit tired of the dating "scene" and were ready to try a new way of meeting people. Shandell was the first to initiate contact, but Jordan didn't wait too long to reply... The two traded emails for about a month or so before deciding it was time to meet face to face. Jordan and Shandell met at a local pub and shared a meal and a couple of beers for their first date. They discovered they had a lot in common, and conversation was easy. It wasn't long before the first date led to the second date and the relationship blossomed from there.
The Dream Team
- Photographer: Kim Payant Photography (Banff)
Photographer's assistant: Elisabeth Levesque-Mumford
- Wedding Planner: Marisa Miller, It's All in the Details (Calgary)
- Flowers: Lea Romanowski, Designing on the Edge (Calgary)
- Bridal Gown: Maggie Sottero, The Bridal Centre (Calgary)
- Bridal Party Attire: Alfred Sung, Cameo & Cufflinks (Calgary)
- Groom Tux: Vera Wang, Moores Calgary
- Cake: Crave Cupcakes (Calgary)
- Music/Dj: Hype Entertainment Calgary
- Stationery: Sarah Streuber Creative (Calgary)