Posted At : September 16, 2008 12:26 PM
| Posted By : Bridal Network
| Views: 10,159
Articles on these Topics: Wedding 101
,Ceremony & Reception
Articles about these Services:
Catering & Beverages
Here are a list of questions that you may want to keep in mind when selecting a caterer for your wedding (other than the obvious food-related ones!).
Remember, planning a wedding is not only about romance and crativity; it is also an exhibition in patience and organizational skills. There are so many distinctly, individual, parts that contribute to the planning of a successful wedding. A caterer is one of those daunting choices.
- Are they licensed?
- Do they have insurance?
- What do they dress like?
- Do you want a buffet or seated dinner?
- Can they meet your specifications for cost per person and staff-to-guest ratio? (A good ratio for seated meals is approximately one waiter for every 8-10 guests.)
- Can they provide their catering bid in writing?
- What other costs are associated with their catering bid?
- Is there a time frame that the catering bid is good for?
- Are they familiar with your location?
- Can you choose your own menu or will one be provided for you?
- Do they have good references with pictures or a current event that you can attend?
- Are they full service? (table linens etc.)
- Do they allow tipping?
- How much time do they require for reservations, finalized guest count, and wedding day set up?
- What is their policy on cancellations?
- Do they charge for opening the bottle of champagne and cutting the cake?
- Will they feed the other wedding personnel? (photographer, etc.)
Story by Carol Callahan.